- Duration:3 Days
- Primary Activity:Jungle Safari
- Group Size:1-25 Peoples
- Arrival on:Kathmandu
- Trip Grade:Easy
- Meals:All meals included at Bardia National Park
- Max-Altitude:1440 m.
- Transportation:By private vehicle / By Air
- Departure from:Kathmandu
Bardia National Park Wildlife Tour: 3 Days
Bardia National Park is the largest national park in Nepal. With unspoiled wilderness of sal forest, grassland and alluvial washes cut by the many fingers of the Karnali River, it is often described as what Chitwan National Park was like 30 years ago.
There’s so much you can do in Bardia. Ride through the jungle on a safari ride, take nature walks with experienced guides or go white-water rafting on the Karnali – the longest river in Nepal, where you can watch the Gangetic dolphins surface or gharials lazing in the sun.
Meet the charming Rana Tharu and Dangora people of southern Nepal and learn about their colorful culture and spot the local wildlife such as the endangered Royal Bengal tiger and Nepal’s famous One-horned rhinoceros. Bardia national park is also famous for its small herds of wild elephants which are rarely seen and have small populations of the rare gharial, the marsh mugger crocodile, and the Gangetic dolphin.
The island of the Karnali River harbors the subcontinent’s largest antelope species, the nilgai or blue bull, which are not found in Chitwan. With more than 350 bird species in Bardia, it is truly a bird watcher’s paradise.
Bardia National Park is in the west of Nepal and is an hour-long flight from Kathmandu.
Day 01: Arrival; Local Excursions; Cultural Performance
Early morning flight from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj. A Travel Society Nepal representative will welcome you at Nepalgunj airport then transport you to your resort/hotel. Refreshment drink and briefing about the accommodation and the facilities will shortly follow. After lunch, your guide will brief you about the program for the following days. Then you can visit the crocodile breeding center, explore the local Tharu village and take a drive through the jungle. In the evening, the Tharu people will cook your dinner and perform a local, cultural show. Stay overnight at camp or lodge. (L, D)
PROGRAM ITINERARY DAY 1:
Pick up from bus station or airport – transfer to hotel and welcome drink.
12:30: Briefing by your guide
15:30. Crocodile breeding center/Tharu village/Jungle Jeep drive
17:00. Sunset view from Riverbank
18:30. Slide show/Tharu stick dance
19:00. Dinner/Culture program
Day 02: Full Day of Jungle Safari Activities
Today, you will enjoy a full day of wildlife safari activities options such as an elephant ride through the jungle, nature walks, canoe trip or boat ride, a safari jeep drive in the forest, elephant bathing, bird watching, and a Tharu Village tour. Trained local naturalists and guides will accompany you on all activities. You may see animals and birds such as rhinoceros, crocodiles, bears, monkeys, several species of deer, pythons, peacocks, hornbills, woodpeckers and more than 400 species of birds. (B, L, D)
PROGRAM ITINERARY DAY 2:
– 05:30. Wake up call
– 05:45. Tea/Coffee
– 06:00. Elephant ride/ bird watching
– 08:00. Breakfast
– 09:00. Canoe ride/elephant swimming and bath
– 13:00. Lunch
– 15:00. Elephant ride / nature walk / visit to observation tower / Canoe ride
– 18:30. Tharu Stick Dance/ slide show
– 19:30. Dinner
(You can choose what activities you would like to do at any time)
Day 03: Bird Watching; Transfer to Bus Station / Airport
After tea or coffee, you can go for a bird watching tour in the jungle before having breakfast in the hotel. Then, our local representative will transport you to the bus station or airport for your onward departure.
PROGRAM ITINERARY DAY 3:
– 05:30. A.M. Wake up call
– 05:45. Tea/Coffee
– 06:00. Bird watching Tour
– 08:00. Breakfast/Transfer to Bus station/airport
– 09:00. Final departure
For the Cost of Bardia National Park Tour – Please Contact Us
(Contact us for Group Discounts!)
Trip Cost Includes:
- Pick up and drop from Kathmandu airport to the airport.
- Transportation by private vehicle (Bus, Car, Van) or Flight as client requirements as per Itinerary
- 2/3 Days Full Board Jungle safari Activities in Bardia national park.
- All activities (Elephant safari, Bird watching, Jungle walking, jeep Driving, Cannoning, Tharu culture dance) are included as per itinerary
- All necessary monument entrance fees
- All meals in National Park at Bardia National Park.
- Wildlife reserve entrance and park fee
- Our service charges
- All necessary paper works, office Service charge and Government Taxes, complete pre-departure information, flight ticket reconfirmation and extend visa service (if necessary)
Trip Cost Excludes:
- Hotel Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Alcoholic beverages, Nepal visa fee & Personal nature expenses
- Emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Airfare international flights
- Nepal entry visa fee, Visa issuance is easy at the arrival
- Mineral water, laundry, phone calls, internets.
- Tips, gifts, souvenirs.