- Duration:4 Days
- Primary Activity:Bhutan Cultural Tour
- Group Size:1-12 Peoples
- Arrival on:Paro
- Trip Grade:Normal
- Meals:Full Board Basis
- Accomodation:Single/Twin room basis
- Max-Altitude:3080 m.
- Departure from:Paro
Bhutan Tour: 4 Days
Bhutan’s Buddhist heritage and religious sites stretch back centuries and is still part of life in Bhutan today. Discover the history and culture of Bhutanese people, explore the ancient kingdom, hear legends and songs, witness ritual & traditional dance and experience local cuisine.
For 3 nights and 4 days, you’ll experience Bhutan’s hidden past and learn how this unique culture and tradition is still part of day to day life in Bhutan. This short tour to Bhutan comes with a free walking guide that will lead you to the major highlights of the city’s history and architecture through a captivating journey.
This short Bhutan tour will cover the country’s most historic, cultural and traditional attractions in one single trip. This stunning tour trails through Memorial Chorten, Zilukha Nunnery, Takin Sanctuary, Indigenous Hospital, Thimpu Museum, Tiger Monastery, the local markets and the National Museum at Paro.
Day 01: Arrive at Paro; Drive to Thimphu
Upon arrival in Paro, clear customs and immigration. Keep your copy of the visa clearance letter handy. P.P size pictures are no longer required and your visa has been paid. Meet your guide and driver outside the terminal building and transfer to Thimphu. Stroll around the city in the evening and stay overnight at a hotel. (D)
Day 02: Thimpu Sightseeing
Thimpu Valley is the first destination of your Bhutan tour. You will visit Trashichhoedzong – a beautiful fortress and monastery built in the medieval period. Most of the Government offices are housed here. You can also visit the King’s throne room.
National Library is the next site in the itinerary. The library houses numerous books on traditional Buddhist texts and manuscripts. Similarly, we visit the Traditional School of Arts and Crafts where students are busy painting traditional paints called Thanka before visiting the Textile and Heritage Museum.
In the afternoon, you will visit Handicrafts Emporium where hand-woven cloths are made and beautifully displayed for sell. The Memorial Chorten is another highlight on your itinerary while in Thimpu. It is built in the memory of the Third King of Bhutan who is regarded as Father of Modern Bhutan. (B, L, D)
Day 05: Paro Sightseeing
Paro is a tourist capital of the country. We will visit the famous Taktsang Monastery which in English means Tiger’s Nest. It is built around a cave where Guru Rimpoche (Padmasambhava) meditated. He is the same person who visited Muktinath in Nepal and meditated for a long time. The Monastery was built in the eighth century and is perched on a rock. It is a pilgrimage site for Bhutanese people and a beautiful viewpoint for tourists. Legends say that Guru Rimpoche flew here from Tibet on a tiger’s back to meditate for three months.
Next, we visit the Kinchu temple. It is one of the 108 temples built by the Tibetan King Shrongchong Gampo in the seventh century. It is said that a demon obstructed the course of spreading Buddhism in this part of Himalayas and the King decided to build 108 temples on all of the 108 points of her body.
Finally, we visit The National Museum before walking around the streets of Paro in the evening. We will spend the night in a hotel. (B, L, D)
Day 04: Transfer to Airport
Our representative will escort you to the airport for your onward travel. We will send you on your way with good luck and gratitude that you chose us for your adventure of a lifetime. (B)
Feature Price: 880 USD
Special offers for group
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private car / van / bus (all airport transfers).
- The government approved accommodation 3-star level logging (in twin share rooms) for the duration of the tour.
- Service of licensed English-speaking Bhutanese Tour Guides.
- All sightseeing tours, Monument /Museum Entrance Fees as per itinerary.
- All meals fixed breakfast, lunch & dinner with Tea and Coffee for the whole duration of your stay in Bhutan.
- Country Presentation & Tour Briefing on Day 1 evening.
- Mineral water supply for the trek or tour.
- Government Royalty which goes directly to the country’s health & education projects.
- Private Transport & Driver within Bhutan. (Imported Prado’s, Micro Buses & Toyota Coaster Buses)
- All government and local taxes
- Official expense.
- Bhutan Visa Fees and Visa Processing assistance
- Flight ticket; Kathmandu-Paro- Kathmandu
- Tourist service charge, vat.
- Bottled/alcoholic/cold drinks, room service, and cart meal.
- Medical / Travel Insurance (compulsory)
- International airfares and airport departure tax.
- Photography charges (if and when relevant).
- Items of a personal nature such as laundry, phone call.
- Tips for guides, restaurants, hotel lobby, porters and tour staff. (Tipping is expected.)
- Excess baggage charges
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on the Price Includes section.