- Duration:3 Days
- Primary Activity:Hiking
- Group Size:2 - 25 Peoples
- Arrival on:Kathmandu
- Trip Grade:Easy
- Meals:As per the itinerary
- Accomodation:Hotel/Guest House/Lodge
- Max-Altitude:2300 m.
- Transportation:Car & Tourist Bus
- Departure from:Kathmandu
Nagarkot Hiking: 3 Days
Nagarkot hiking is the best and renowned among hikers. This trip is designed to provide you a unique opportunity to explore the myriad wonders of nature, rural Nepal and the awe inspiring majesty and beauty of dramatic mountain views.
Your first destination is Chisopani where you will be enjoying the real boon of nature being away from the hustle of Kathmandu. Interact with the local people while you have lunch. Early sunrise view at Nagarkot is the most fascinating and mesmerizing view before heading back to Kathmandu.
Nagarkot is the ultimate destination where you can spend a couple of days away from the city center and be in nature. It’s the best destination for birdwatchers too!.
- Sunrise at Nagarkot
- Mingle with local people in Chisopani
- Stay in local rural teahouses
- Spectacular views of snow-capped mountains
Day 01: Kathmandu to Chisopani via Sundarijal (1-hour drive; 4-5 hours trek)
Drive from Kathmandu to Sundarijal takes approximately one hour. The trek from Sundarijal to Chisapani takes about four and a half hours. The trail will enter through the Shivpuri Watershed and Wildlife Reserve. The first settlement you will come across is Mulkharka with Tamang habitants. The route heads down the ridge through a forest of oaks to Chisopani where we will stay for the night. (B, L, D)
Day 02: Chisopani to Nagarkot (6-7 hours)
Your hike from Chisopani to Nagarkot takes us through Chauki Bhanjag before continuing on the charming trail leading you toward Nagarkot. Nagarkot, (2175m) is by far one of the most popular destinations in Nepal. In clear weather, the Himalayan range, stretching from Dhaulagiri in the west all the way past Everest to Kanchenjunga in the east, emerges from the darkness with its awe-inspiring majesty and beauty. (B, L, D)
Day 03: Nagarkot to Kathmandu via Changunarayan (3-4 hour trek; 2-hour drive)
From Nagarkot, we will hike on a popular trail that leads down from Nagarkot along a ridge to the temple of Changu Narayan. From here, you can see views of Sankhu village to the right and Bhaktapur to the left. Changunarayan is situated at the end of a long ridge which runs well into the valley. It is said to have been built in 323 AD by King Hari Datta Varma. The temple is richly decorated with sculptures and carvings. It is said to be the oldest temple in the valley. After sightseeing and exploring Changunarayan, you will be driven back to Kathmandu. (B, L, D)
Cost of Nagarkot Hiking – 3 days
|Trip Cost :||»||1 Pax Price: $270|
2-5 Pax Price: $255
6 & More Price: $240
(Contact us for Group Discounts!)
Note: Please feel free to ask us for a tailor-made itinerary that suits your interest, time, and budget.
The cost includes the following services :
- Airport pick-up and drop off services.
- Hiking guide
- Porter/s( One porter can carry up to 30 kgs luggage of two participants)
- Entry Permit Fee
- All land transportation
- All meals three times a day (breakfast, lunch, and dinner)
- Accommodation in teahouses (lodges) during the trek
- Necessary equipment such as sleeping bag, down jacket, etc. on rent
- Rescue assistance
- First aid kit
- Insurance and equipment for the Nepali staff
- Personal nature expenses such as all kinds of drinks, beverages, etc
- Drinks, beverages, hot shower, etc.
- Hotel accommodation, lunch, and dinner in Kathmandu