- Duration:5 Days
- Primary Activity:Tour
- Group Size:2 - 25 Peoples
- Arrival on:Kathmandu
- Trip Grade:Normal
- Meals:Bed and Breakfast
- Max-Altitude:1400 m.
- Transportation:As per the itinerary
- Departure from:Kathmandu
- Culture:Buddhist Culture
Lumbini Sightseeing: 5 days
Lumbini, the birthplace of Lord Buddha, is the center of holy faith for the millions of Buddhists all over the world. Located in south-western Nepal, Lumbini holds several reminders of Lord Buddha. One of the most important historical sites in Nepal is endowed by nature with rich natural beauty. It is situated 230 km away from Kathmandu in Rubandehi District of Southern Terai (lowland), at an altitude of 600 ft. above sea level. Lumbini, respected by all Buddhists. In 1998, Lumbini was declared as the Fountain of world peace and the pilgrimage for all the peace loving people of the world.
- The Lumbini Garden : This is the site marked by a certain stone pillar erected by the Indian Emperor Ashoka at about 245 B.C. The most important discovery in this place is a stone marked to suggest the exact birthplace of Buddha.
- Mayadevi Temple : This temple, dedicated to the mother of lord Buddha- Maya Devi, was excavated a few years ago. Many sculptures and carving in which the figures and designs are only slightly projecting from their background are seen here.
- Pushkarni pond : This is the pond where Mayadevi is said to have had a bath before giving birth to Buddha.
- Ramagram : It is believed to be the maternal home of Buddha. This is where we can see the biggest stupa, with important relics. It is said that it was built around 600 B.C.
- Buddhist temples from around the world:
- The Myanmar temple was built with the contribution from the Burmese Buddhist Society. The temple is an attractive big white structural monument with a golden pinnacle soaring into the sky.
- The Chinese temple, which is a very beautiful pagoda styled temple with many prayer and meditation cells.
- The Korean Temple is a beautifully set temple having many remarkable images of Buddha.
Besides these, there are others from countries such as Japan, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Vietnam, etc.
Access to Lumbini
Royal Nepal Airlines and other airlines fly regularly to Bhairahawa, near Lumbini, and bus services are available from Pokhara and Kathmandu.
Lumbini Tour: 4 Nights | 5 Days
Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu.
Upon your arrival at Kathmandu International Airport, you will be welcomed by a representative from Travel Society Nepal. After sorting out your custom formalities (Visa, etc) you will be then transferred to the hotel. The representative will help you check into your designated hotel and give you some time to freshen up. After this, you will be invited for a typical Nepali welcome dinner that will include a cultural dance performed by the local women. You then return to your hotel for your first overnight stay at the hotel (D)
Day 02: Fly to Lumbini – the birthplace of Buddha
An early 45-minute flight to Lumbini takes us to one of the holiest places on Earth. The birthplace of the Buddha. Over the years, Lumbini has become a major place for pilgrimage and worship with Buddhist communities from all around the world coming to build Buddhist temples and shrines in honor of the Buddha. You will spend the day sightseeing with a local guide. You will visit holy attractions such as the Maya Devi Temple (built on the exact spot Buddha was born) and nearby Tilaurakot, (where Prince Siddhartha lived a life of luxury before embarking on the path to enlightenment). Lumbini is a place where you can really delve into Buddist teachings and traditions. Stay overnight at hotel. (B)
Day 03: Kapilvastu Sightseeing
After breakfast, get ready to drive to Kapilvastu around 8:00 AM in the morning. In Kapilvastu, we will visit major shrines such as Niglihawa, Kudan, Gotihawa, and Ashoka Pillar. (B)
Day 04: Fly back to Kathmandu
Flight back to Kathmandu where you can spend the day in leisure. In the evening; you will be invited to a well known Nepali kitchen for a delicious farewell dinner of authentic Nepalese cuisine. Stay overnight at your hotel in Kathmandu (B, D)
Day 5: Departure onto onward travel
Our driver will escort you to the airport. We will send you on your way with good luck and gratitude that you chose us for your adventure of a lifetime. (B)
|Trip Cost per person:||»||Budget Price- USD 600|
Standard Price – USD 700 OR Equivalent Foreign Currency
Deluxe Price – USD 900
|Additional Charges||»||A Single Supplement charge will be extra. However, you can upgrade your Hotel, Car/Vehicle/flight ticket for your standard/budget tour with extra cost.|
Deluxe: Deluxe hotels (4/5 star), best available hotels or resorts, best available private transport and transfers in air-con vehicles or flight, Tourist guide during city sightseeing, Sightseeing entrance fees, etc.
Standard: Standard hotels (2/3 Star), best available private transport and transfers in vehicles non air-con or by flight, Tourist guide during sightseeing, etc.
Budget: Includes Tourist standard hotels (less than 2 stars), choice of available transport like a tourist bus, Airport Pick up drop service by car, etc.
Note: Please feel free to ask us for a tailor-made itinerary that suits your interest, time, and budget.
- Pickups and drops from hotels and airports
- All transportation
- English speaking, trained and experienced local tour guide (optional)
- Welcome and farewell dinners
- Heritage sites entrance fees
- All government and local taxes
- International airfares/ airport taxes
- Travel insurance
- Nepal entry visa fees
- Drinks hot and cold.
- Bottled drinks on trek (cold and alcoholic)
- Lunches and dinners not listed in itinerary
- Tips(Tipping are expected)