- Duration:10 Days
- Primary Activity:Trekking
- Group Size:1-25 Peoples
- Arrival on:Kathmandu
- Trip Grade:Moderate
- Meals:Full Board
- Max-Altitude:4450 m.
- Transportation:Private Vehicle/Tourist Bus
- Departure from:Kathmandu
Mardi Himal Base Camp Trek: 10 Days
Mardi Himal Base Camp Trek has been recognized recently as one of the best treks in Nepal and has gained a lot of popularity. Mardi Himal Base Camp Trek located at the southernmost summit of the Annapurna Mountains.
The trail goes along small winding paths, through magical rhododendron forests until you climb out of the forest at an elevation around 3,300 m. The landscape changes quite abruptly into a rugged high mountain landscape, with amazing views of Mardi Himal, Machapuchre, Annapurna South and Hiunchuli.
From Base Camp (3580 m), you can see spectacular close up views of the entire Annapurna Range. There are simple guesthouses and homestays within the local villages along the entire route.
Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu (1,300m /4,264ft).
Upon your arrival at Kathmandu International Airport, you will be welcomed by a representative from Travel Society Nepal. After sorting out your custom formalities (Visa, etc) you will be then transferred to the hotel. The representative will help you check into your designated hotel and give you some time to freshen up. After this, we will attend an orientation about your trek led by our Trekking leader over a typical Nepali welcome dinner that will include a cultural dance performed by the local women. You then return to your hotel for your first overnight stay at the hotel (D)
Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara (915m.) 5-6 hours drive
At 6:30 am, you will travel to Pokhara by tourist bus along the Trishuli and Marshyadgdi River and through the beautiful countryside of Nepal that offers wonderful mountain sceneries. When you arrive, you can explore the sights of Pokhara including the caves, temples, and lakes. Stay overnight at hotel (B)
Day 03: Drive to Kande from Pokhara (1 hour); Trek to Pothana (2-3 hours)
After having breakfast, we start our journey with an hour drive to Kande before starting our trek from Kande. We reach Pothana after 2-3 hours, passing beautiful rural villages and forestry. You can relax for the rest of the day as we stay overnight at teahouse. (B, L, D)
DAY 04: From Pothana to Forest Camp (4-5 hours)
From Pothana, we trek through dense forestry covered with red rhododendron (National flower of Nepal). Our trek continues along a pleasant path until we reach the forest camp, which is locally known as Kokar. Overnight in Forest Camp. (B, L, D)
Day 05: Forest Camp to High Camp via Low Camp (5-6 hours)
We start our journey to Low Camp through stunning forests filled with rhododendron and other gorgeous natural sights. After having lunch at Low Camp, we can get a very clear view of Mt. Machapuchhre (Mt. Fishtail). You can also experience the cultures and lifestyles of the local residents. Our trek continues with clear views of Mardi Himal and Machapuchhre. We reach High Camp just in time for sunset behind the Annapurna Mountains. Stay overnight at a guesthouse in high camp. (B, L, D)
Day 6: From High Camp to Mardi Himal Base Camp (4,450m) – (6-7hours)
Our trek starts with waking early in the morning and watching the sunrise behind the snow-capped mountains. Then after having breakfast, we trek towards Mardi Himal Base Camp where we will spend the day. During the trek, you’ll be able to spot dzokpo (yak/ cow crossbreds) grazing up here in the high mountains. After some hours, we reach Base Camp (4450m), from where we can have 260-degree views of the Annapurna Sanctuary as well as Hiunchuli and Machhapuchhre (Fishtail). After taking several pictures and spending some time at the Base Camp, we head back to High Camp to stay at a guesthouse overnight. (B, L, D)
Day 07: From High Camp to Siding Village (5-6 hours)
Siding village is one of the most popular villages in this region and is naturally beautiful, consisting of small lodges and houses. Expect to be warmly welcomed by the local inhabitants here. We stay overnight in this beautiful village in a local teahouse. (B, L, D)
Day 08: From Siding Village to Lumre (3 hours); Drive back to Pokhara (3 hours)
After an early breakfast, we go on our final hike towards Lumre. We have lunch here before driving back to Pokhara. Spend your evening exploring and relaxing by Lakeside. Stay overnight in Pokhara at a hotel. (B, L)
Day 09: Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu (5-6 hours)
After having breakfast, we head back to Kathmandu. The rest of your time here is free for shopping and sightseeing. In the evening; you will be invited to a well known Nepali kitchen for a delicious farewell dinner of authentic Nepalese cuisine. Stay overnight at your hotel in Kathmandu (B, D)
Day 10: Transfer to Airport/Bus Stop for your Onward Travel
Our driver will escort you to the airport or bus stop for your onward travel. We will send you on your way with good luck and gratitude that you chose us for your adventure of a lifetime. (B)
Note: B – Breakfast, L – Lunch, D – Dinner.
Cost of Mardi Himal Base Camp Trek – 10 days
|Trip Cost :||»||1 Pax Price: $850|
2-5 Pax Price: $800
6 & More Price: $750
(Contact us for Group Discounts!)
Note: Please feel free to ask us for a tailor-made itinerary that suits your interest, time, and budget.
- Free airport picks upon your arrival and a drop at the end of your trip
- Trekkers information management system.(Tims Card)
- Annapurna Conservation Area Project Permit.(ACAP Permit)
- 2 nights accommodation in Pokhara. (Tourist Deluxe)
- TIMS (Trekkers’ Information Management Systems)
- All necessary ground transportation as per itinerary
- Complete free trekking information before going to trek
- Full Board (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner) during the trek
- All nights in local teahouses/lodges during trekking
- An experienced licensed holder Trekking Guide
- Foods, transportation, accommodations and local tax for guide & porters
- Medical first aid kit box ( which is carried by your team)
- Down jacket, sleeping bag and all necessary trekking gears are available on a hire
- Trekking Map
- Your travel insurance ( Travel insurance is compulsory to take an adventure trip and it must be covered both medical & emergency evacuation with the worth of USD100, 000.00 minimum.
- Hot shower, WIFI, any electronic battery charges during only in trekking
- Bottled/alcoholic/cold drinks, room service, and cart meal.
- Extra night accommodation or meals in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure and early return from trekking (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Tips and gratitude to your guides, porters, and drivers
- Nepal entry visa fees