- Duration:9 Days
- Primary Activity:Rafting
- Group Size:1-25 Peoples
- Arrival on:Kathmandu
- Trip Grade:Moderate
- Meals:All included
- Accomodation:Tent/Guest House
- Max-Altitude: m.
- Transportation:Raft Boat
- Departure from:Kathmandu
Sunkoshi River Rafting: 9 Days
This ultimate river rafting expedition is not for the faint hearted. Sunkoshi River is 210km long and is famous amongst rafting communities. A combination of big waves, beautiful scenery and authentic camping, this enchanting river expedition of 9 days is a definite trip for rafting enthuasists, groups and adventure seekers!
Sunkoshi River rises near Tibet and flows down from snow-capped mountains. It is unpredictable and has its own moods. It can go from being calm and tranquil to wild and turbelant. It will keep you on your feet and keep you challenged.
Scenic drives from Kathmandu to the starting point of the Sunkoshi river. On the three hour journey, you can see lush vegetation and the magnificent, picturesque views.
After breakfast, we start our rafting adventure! We pass “Meatgrinder” after some hours of rafting and finally, we reach Tama Koshi where we stay for the night.
Back on the rapids, the water is high but hopefully, you have time to soak in the scenic beauty of nature while enjoying your adventurous journey. After some hours of rafting, we reach Likhu Khola where we stay for the night.
Today is the big day for rafting as the rapids are high and obstacles await us. We pass through narrow canyons, bouldering rocks before finally reaching Harkapur Village.
Rafting is exhausting. Today is a rest day and time to enjoy the beach by the river.
After breakfast, we raft for the whole day before reaching Dudh Koshi where we will set up camp above the passage of the jungle.
Today is possibly the best day for rafting as we raft through the passage of the jungle. The grade of the water is also very high – up to IV rapids. On the way, we can see the numerous waterfalls, mountains as well as lush vegetation.
Today, the journey becomes more adventurous because of the fluctuated class. We stop at Barahchhatra where we will camp overnight.
Today is the last day of our adventurous journey. After breakfast, we head towards Chatara. From here, we pack everything and drive back to Kathmandu. Option to extend your trip either to Pokhara or Chitwan National park – contact us for details.
Cost of Sunkoshi River Rafting (9 days) – Contact Us
Note: Please feel free to ask us for a tailor-made itinerary that suits your interest, time, and budget.
The Package cost includes:
- Airport transfer to hotel pick up and drop by private vehicle
- Transportation to Dolalghat
- Accommodation and Meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) during trekking
- Experienced River Rafting instructors
- Rafting equipment
- Group medical supplies (first aid kit)
- All necessary paper works and entry permits
- All additional government tax
The Package cost excludes:
- Nepal entry visa fee (USD 25 for 15 days/ USD 40 for 30 days from date of issue) (You may easily get Nepal visa upon your arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu)
- International airfare
- Travelers insurance
- All kind of drinks (Alcohol, hot and cold drinks)
- Bar bills, telephone bills and other personal expenses (shopping/ laundry)
- Tips to guide
- All expenses due to unavoidable events e.g. Personal illness, strike etc.