- Duration:6 Days
- Primary Activity:Travel
- Group Size:1-25 Peoples
- Arrival on:Paro
- Trip Grade:Easy
- Meals:All Inclusive
- Accomodation: 3-star level lodging (in twin share rooms)
- Max-Altitude: m.
- Transportation:Airplane/Private Transport & Driver
- Departure from:Paro
Ultimate Bhutan Sightseeing Tour: 6 Days
Bhutan is full of mystery, wonder and beauty. Bhutanese people are kind, gracious, and welcoming. In this excursion, you will get to explore the wonders of Bhutan such as Thimphu, Paro, Mongar, and many other places.
Throughout this tour, you will learn about Buddhist and Hindu culture here in Bhutan. The country is a unique combination of mountains, monasteries, and Buddhism. Bhutan is a perfect country for exploreres looking to get away from the chaotic cities and experience calm and peace whilst in pristine nature.
You will encounter a very unique blend of culture and traditions as you get the opportunity to learn about Bhutanese nature and history closely as you taste and savour Bhutanese cuisine and mingle with the locals.
- Wander around beautiful Bhutanese architecture
- Visit historical sights drenched in history and culture
- Be immersed in the Buddhist traditions
- Mingle with the friendly locals
Day 01: Arrival to Paro / Drive to Thimpu
Arrive in city of Paro by airplane. The view of the Himalaya can be seen from the plane. Our representative in Bhutan will greet you at the airport and drive you to Thimpu, the capital city of Bhutan. You will spend the day strolling around the streets of Thimpu and enjoying the scenic beauty and architecture of Bhutan. We will rest overnight in a hotel in Thimpu. (B, L, D)
Day 02: Sightseeing in Thimpu
Thimpu Valley is the first destination of your Bhutan tour. You will visit Trashichhoedzong – a beautiful fortress and monastery built in the medieval period. Most of the Government offices are housed here. You can also visit the King’s throne room.
National Library is the next site in the itinerary. The library houses numerous books on traditional Buddhist texts and manuscripts. Similarly, we visit the Traditional School of Arts and Crafts where students are busy painting traditional paints called Thanka before visiting the Textile and Heritage Museum.
In the afternoon, you will visit Handicrafts Emporium where hand-woven cloths are made and beautifully displayed for sell. The Memorial Chorten is another highlight on your itinerary while in Thimpu. It is built in the memory of the Third King of Bhutan who is regarded as Father of Modern Bhutan.
Day 03: Visit Punakha
After breakfast, we drive to Punakha. On the way, we will stop at Dochula Pass. The view of the Bhutanese countryside here is outstanding. On a clear day, you will be able to see snow-capped mountains such as Masagang (7,158m), Tsendagang (6,960m), Terigang (7,060m ), Jejegangphugang (7,158 m ), Kangphugang (7,170 m ), Zongphugang (7, 060 m ), and Gangkar Puensum (7,497m). The chorten, maiwalls, prayer flags and praying wheels here leaves a unique, spiritual feeling in the air.
Wangduephodrang is our next stop where we visit Dzong and stroll around the local markets before heading back to Punakha where we spend the night at a hotel. (B, L, D)
DAY 04: Drive to Paro
The city of Paro is our next destination. On the way, we will visit Simtokha Dzong. Simtokha Dzong is the oldest fortress in Bhutan. It was built in 1627. We will spend night in Paro. (B, L, D)
Day 05: Paro Sightseeing
Paro is a tourist capital of the country. We will visit the famous Taktsang Monastery which in English means Tiger’s Nest. It is built around a cave where Guru Rimpoche (Padmasambhava) meditated. He is the same person who visited Muktinath in Nepal and meditated for a long time. The Monastery was built in the eighth century and is perched on a rock. It is a pilgrimage site for Bhutanese people and a beautiful viewpoint for tourists. Legends say that Guru Rimpoche flew here from Tibet on a tiger’s back to meditate for three months.
Next, we visit the Kinchu temple. It is one of the 108 temples built by the Tibetan King Shrongchong Gampo in the seventh century. It is said that a demon obstructed the course of spreading Buddhism in this part of Himalayas and the King decided to build 108 temples on all of the 108 points of her body.
Finally, we visit The National Museum before walking around the streets of Paro in the evening. We will spend the night in a hotel. (B, L, D)
Day 06: Transfer to Airport
Our representative will escort you to the airport for your onward travel. We will send you on your way with good luck and gratitude that you chose us for your adventure of a lifetime. (B)
Price per person: $1860 USD
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private car / van / bus (all airport transfers).
- The government approved accommodation 3-star level logging (in twin share rooms) for the duration of the tour.
- Service of licensed English-speaking Bhutanese Tour Guides.
- All sightseeing tours, Monument /Museum Entrance Fees as per itinerary.
- All meals fixed breakfast, lunch & dinner with Tea and Coffee for the whole duration of your stay in Bhutan.
- Country Presentation & Tour Briefing on Day 1 evening.
- Mineral water supply for the trek or tour.
- Government Royalty which goes directly to the country’s health & education projects.
- Private Transport & Driver within Bhutan. (Imported Prado’s, Micro Buses & Toyota Coaster Buses)
- All government and local taxes
- Official expense.
- Bhutan Visa Fees and Visa Processing assistance
- Flight ticket; Kathmandu-Paro- Kathmandu
- Tourist service charge, vat.
- Bottled/alcoholic/cold drinks, room service, and cart meal.
- Medical / Travel Insurance (compulsory)
- International airfares and airport departure tax.
- Photography charges (if and when relevant).
- Items of a personal nature such as laundry, phone call.
- Tips for guides, restaurants, hotel lobby, porters and tour staff. (Tipping is expected.)
- Excess baggage charges
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on the Price Includes section.