VSN Tour and Treks is a company you can trust; we are affiliated with Trekking Agency’s Association of Nepal (TAAN), Nepal Mountaineering Association (NMA), Nepal Tourism Board, (NTB) Govt of Nepal, Sustainable Tourism Network, Himalayan Rescue Association (HRAN) and Kathmandu Environmental Educational Project (KEEP).
Here are our licenses and authorizations:
- Nepal Ministry of Industry, Office of Company Register, Reg No: 49680/064/065
- Nepal Ministry of Tourism, Department of Tourism, Reg No: 946
- Nepal Department of Small Cottage and Industries, Reg No: 10522/372
- Nepal Ministry of Finance, Department of Tax, PANS No: 302833052
- Tax Clearance Certificate No: 302833052
- Central Bank of Nepal, Nepal Rastra Bank, Department of Foreign Currency Exchange, Authorization No: 1416/01/070.
We will take care of all logistics and paperwork such as personalized itineraries, pre-arrival information, permits, visas, accommodation, domestic flight tickets and any other requirements while you are in Nepal, so that you are free to enjoy your vacation.
We do everything possible to look after our guests’ safety and make sure you have a meaningful and pleasant stay. Our programs are more than just a tour and trekking; we customize each itinerary to match the need, taste, and interest of our guests.
With us, your money is safe: we are a fully licensed trek operator authorized by the Government of Nepal Tourism and Civil Aviation Agency, Nepal Tourism Board, Nepal Rashtra Bank and the Taxation Office, among others.
From the beginning of the planning process you will have a clear understanding about your payment, and we will provide every detail of the tour package cost so that you are fully informed of any extra expenses that may be incurred.
We employ only licensed and government certified guides who are well-equipped with extensive knowledge of local areas and cultures. They also have fluent English communication skills and organizational abilities to facilitate groups of all sizes, interests and abilities.
Volunteer Society Treks Nepal is a business built on great relationships. All our staff including guides, porters and drivers are treated fairly as follow:
- They are provided with insurance and medical care, if needed, during the expedition.
- They have free access to necessary equipment for high altitude trekking.
- Their salaries and wages are above average.
- They are free to join any trade union.
- There is a 20kg weight limit for our porters.
- All porters are supported and encouraged to acquire valuable experience to be potential guides in the future.
To fulfill this mission, a sizeable percentage of our profits are injected into different humanitarian projects in Nepal. Your participation in our trekking, volunteering and traveling tours boosts our ability to continue this important work and to make a difference in Nepal.
As a responsible tour service, we care about maintaining the environment, its people and culture. We offer services that are ethical and sustainable, but also include opportunities for travelers to use their time and money to make a difference.
- As a humanitarian Tour and Travel Company, a percentage of all profits are injected into selected community projects, so that your participation in our trekking, volunteering and traveling tours enables us to continue the humanitarian work in Nepal.
- Volunteer Society Treks Nepal together with the charity Volunteer Society Nepal also supports its own independently established Disability Center, Women’s Center, Girls’ Sponsorship Program, and Helping Street and Orphan Children Program to best serve underprivileged women and children in Nepal.
Volunteer Society Treks Nepal was founded by well-educated and ecologically concerned Nepalese with decades of experience working in leading international volunteer and development organizations. Likewise, our staff have years of experience operating travel and tour companies and providing cross cultural training. They have also trekked and guided in all regions of Nepal and have a deep knowledge about every aspect of trekking, touring and volunteering. We pride ourselves on the level of experience that every one of our staff possesses.
Aside from visiting the key highlights of a destination, we also take you to those out-of-the-way local sights that guidebooks don’t know about. We encourage our travelers to have a fully interactive experience, while seeing Nepali culture first hand and learning about local customs.
On many of our tours you will have opportunities to learn new skills such as cooking authentic Newar cuisine or speaking Nepali language.
In Kathmandu Valley alone, there are seven groups of monuments highlighted by UNESCO for their historic and artistic value: The Durbar Squares of Hanuman Dhoka (Kathmandu), Patan and Bhaktapur, the Buddhist stupas of Swayambhu and Bouddhanath, and the Hindu temples of Pashupati and Changu Narayan.
The other three UNESCO world heritage sites are Sagarmatha National Park that includes Mount Everest, Chitwan National Park in the Terai region, and Lumbini, the birthplace of Buddha.
The mountainous geography of this Himalayan Kingdom also makes it the first choice for adventure tours. If you’re looking for adventures beyond the ordinary then Nepal is your destination for river rafting, paragliding, trekking, mountain climbing, kayaking, bungee jumping, mountain flights and so much more. You can also find the world’s most extreme zipline here in Pokhara, Nepal.
This unique geographical position is reflected in Nepal’s rich biodiversity. Wildlife tourism is a major draw to the country, as travellers come to see animal species that are unique to Nepal, such as the spiny babbler. If you’re a wildlife photographer, or just passionate about being in nature, you won’t want to miss visiting Nepal.
Additionally, Nepal is the only place in the world where people worship a living goddess, the Kumari, who lives in Kathmandu’s Durbar Square.
Nepal is a very affordable travel destination. Food and accommodation are cheap without compromising on quality, making access to the vast array of World Heritage Sites available for anyone.